15th December 2020
You may be aware that practices are required to provide all of their patients with a named GP, who will have overall responsibility for the care and support that our surgery provides to them.
As one of our patients, your new GP will be the Doctor identified in the text we have sent to you.
This Doctor will have overall responsibility for the care and support that our surgery provides to you.
This does not prevent you from seeing any GP in the practice as you currently do.
- The named GP is largely a role of oversight. It reassures patients that they have one GP who is responsible for their care.
- Patients do not need to see their named GP when they book an appointment with the practice.
- Patients are entitled to choose to see any GP or Nurse in the practice.
- The named GP works with relevent health and social care professionals to deliver a multi-disciplinary care package that meets the needs of the patient.
- The named GP ensures that these patients have access to a health check as set out in section 7.9 of the standard GMS contract.
- The named GP will not take on 24 hour responsibility for the patient, or have to change their working hours.
You do not need to take any further action, but if you have any questions, or wish to discuss this further with us, please contact us to: email@example.com or 01509 274430.